Fall Lawn Care
Feed: Fall is the bet time to give your lawn a good feeding. As the weather begins to cool, your lawn will slow its top growth while the roots will continue to actively grow.
– fall fertilizer delivers vital nutrients to encourage deep root growth and will help your lawn over the long winter
– fall feeding will in turn give the entire plant the energy it needs to bounce back in the spring
– a thick healthy lawn is the best defense against weeds
Cutting: Continue cutting your lawn until your lawn stops growing. Keep the blade to an 2 ½ to 3” height. If the grass gets too long, it will mat and be vulnerable to fungi.
Aeration: This fall task helps to loosen soil compaction, allowing for more water, light and air to reach the soil. A good aeration in the fall can help set the stage for strong spring growth.
Dufferin Garden Centre now has Scotts Turf Builder Fall Lawn Food in stock. This phosphate-free lawn food gives your lawn the nutrients it needs at this time of year.
– phosphate-free grass fertilizer for all grass types (including newly seeded and sodded areas)
– apply using a broadcast or rotary spreader
– on bag will cover 4,306 sq ft
Scotts Turf Builder Fall Lawn Food
32-0-10 (5.2 kg) is now available $26.99